At Southern California Veterinary Specialty Hospital, we are committed to creating an environment where our entire medical team provides exemplary physical and emotional care for each of our patients and their families.
Our philosophy is based on the following core principles:
Practice of Medicine and Surgery
- Maintain an environment of professional teamwork organized around a single specialty hospital with multiple disciplines and a common mission.
- Apply state-of-the-art technology and a multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and management of clinical problems.
- Act as an advocate for the patient.
- Deliver quality care with veterinary specialists and a health care staff who exhibit the highest levels of knowledge and performance.
- Understand that clinical expertise includes an appreciation for the feelings and concerns of our clients and their pets.
The Conscience of Veterinary Medicine
- Maintain a commitment to work closely with rescue organizations, charities and shelters to provide care for animals in need.
- Participate in the local community through service and philanthropy
- Effectively communicate with families and caretakers, so they understand their pet’s course of treatment.
- Maintain communication with the primary care veterinarian.
- Actively provide and support continuing education for the veterinary community, including veterinary students, interns, residents and staff.
- Display the personal attributes of compassion, honesty and integrity.
- Provide an environment of mutual respect for our staff, clients and referring veterinarians.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards of judgment and conduct in our clinical practice.
- Welcome constructive appraisal from clients and colleagues, including ongoing critical self-assessment of our practice of veterinary medicine.
- Deliver on our promises as a cornerstone of trust among our clients, referring veterinarians, and ourselves.
- Be accountable not only for what we achieve, but how we achieve it.